IMPORTANT TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Cut lengths of fabric cannot be exchanged or refunded unless faulty at the discretion of Lewis and Wood.
We strongly advise that you obtain a sample before placing your fabric order.
Orders placed without receipt of a sample are entirely at your own risk.
Minimum order 0.5 metre of fabric.
Order in 10cm increments. (eg.1.2 = 120cm)
'Conditions' means these terms and conditions and any special product conditions: 'Product' means a product displayed for sale on the website: 'Product Description' means that part of the website where certain terms and conditions in respect of the individual Product are provided: 'Special Conditions' means the terms and conditions in the Product Description: 'Users' means the users of the website collectively: 'Personal Information' means the details provided by you on registration: 'We/us' means Lewis and Wood: 'Website' means the website located at www.lewisandwood.co.uk or any subsequent URL which may replace it: 'Cookies' means small text files which our Website places on your computer's hard drive to store information about your shopping session and to identify your computer, 'United Kingdom' means England, Wales, Scotland, Northern Ireland and the Channel Islands and 'You' means a user of this Website.
You are provided with access to this Website in accordance with these Conditions and any orders placed by you must be placed strictly in accordance with these Conditions.
You warrant that:
- The personal information which you provide when you register as a customer is true, accurate, current and complete in all respects; and
- You will notify us immediately of any changes to the Personal Information by contacting us by e-mail to [email protected] or by telephone 01453 878517 Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm
You agree not to impersonate any other person or entity or to use a false name or a name that you are not authorized to use.
We confirm that any Personal Information which you provide to us and any User Information from which we can identify you is held only for the following purposes:
- Processing your orders
- For analysis to improve this Website and its services to you
- To serve website content and advertisements to you
- To administer the website
- If you consent, to notify you of products or special offers that may be of interest to you
You agree that you do not object to us contacting you for any of the above purposes whether by telephone, e-mail or in writing and you confirm that you do not and will not consider any of the above as being in breach of any of your rights under the Privacy and Electronic Communications EC Directive Regulations 2003
We reserve the right to:
- Modify or withdraw, temporarily or permanently, this Website (or any part thereof) with or without notice to you and you confirm that we shall not be liable to you or any third party for any modification to or withdrawal of the Website; and/or
- Change the Conditions from time to time, and your continual use of the Website (or part thereof) following such change shall be deemed to be your acceptance of such change. It is your responsibility to check regularly to determine whether Conditions have been changed. If you do not agree to any change to the Conditions then you must immediately stop using the Website.
Third Party Links
To provide increased value to our Users, we may provide links to other websites or resources for you to access at your sole discretion. You acknowledge and agree that, as you have chosen to enter the linked website we are not responsible for the availability of such external sites or resources, and do not review or endorse and are not responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for (i) the privacy practices of such websites, (ii) the content of such websites, including (without limitation) any advertising, content, products, goods or other materials or services on or available from such websites or resources or (iii) the use to which others make or these websites or resources, nor any damage, loss or offence caused or alleged to be caused by, or in connection with, the use of or reliance on any such advertising, content, products, goods or other materials or services available on such external websites or resources.
We will take all reasonable care, in so far as it is in our power to do so, to keep details of your order and payment secure, but in the absence of negligence on our part we cannot be held liable for any loss you may suffer if a third party procures unauthorised access to any data you provide when accessing or ordering from the Website.
The steps required to create a contract between you and us are as follows:
- You place the order for products on the Website by pressing the confirm button at the end of the checkout process. You will be guided through ordering process by a series of simple instructions on the Website.
- We will send you an order acknowledgement e-mail detailing the products you have ordered. This is not an order confirmation or acceptance from Lewis and Wood.
- Order acceptance and completion of the contract between you and us will take place on the dispatch to you of the Products ordered unless we have notified you that we do not accept your order.
Non-acceptance of an order may be a result of one of the following:
- The product you ordered being unavailable from stock
- Our inability to obtain authorisation for your payment
- The identification of a pricing or product description error
All retail prices within the UK and EU are inclusive of VAT at the current rate. The total cost of your order is the price of the Products ordered plus the inland delivery charges set out in the Website. Overseas delivery charges are calculated and advised directly by telephone or e-mail. Payment can be made by any of the methods specified in the Website and payment will be debited and cleared from your account as set out in the Website.
You confirm that the credit or debit card this is being used is yours. All credit/debit cardholders are subject to validation checks and authorisation by the card issuer. If the issuer of your payment card refuses to or does not for any reason, authorise payment to us, we will not be liable for any delay or non-delivery. Prices are subject to change, those quoted are the current price immediately prior to an order being placed.
Delivery is made by courier; cost of delivery is set out on the Website. Charges for the rest of Europe and Worldwide are by arrangement. We aim to dispatch all orders within 2-3 days of our acknowledgement, provided the goods are in stock. However, if there is variation in this, you will be given guidance by telephone or e-mail. All next day deliveries have to be made before 12 noon the previous working day for next day delivery.
Refusal of Transaction
We reserve the right to withdraw any Product from this Website at any time and/or remove or edit any materials or content on this Website. We may refuse to process a transaction for any reason or refuse service to anyone at anytime at our sole discretion. We will not be liable to you or any third party by reason of our withdrawing any Product from this Website whether or not that Product has been sold removing or editing any materials or content on the Website refusing to process a transaction or unwinding or suspending any transaction after processing has begun.
Returns are at the discretion of Lewis and Wood. Customers are responsible for return charges and returns should be made in the original, undamaged packaging within 30 days of the delivery date. A 20% restocking fee is charged on returned goods, unless faulty. We are unable to accept returned goods once they have been cut.
If you are ordering fabric on-line please ask for a sample first. Should you opt not to follow this process, you do so entirely at your own risk.
- We reserve the right to withdraw items from our range at any time without prior notification.
- Minimum order of 0.5 metre for fabric, 1 roll of wall covering and wide width wall covering a minimum drop of 2.5 metres.
Limitation of Liability
While we will use reasonable endeavours to verify the accuracy of any information we place on the Website, we make no warranties, whether express or implied in relation to its accuracy. The Website is provided on an 'as is' and 'as available' basis without any representation or endorsement made and we make no warranties of any kind, whether express or implied, in relation to the Website, or any transaction that may be conducted on or through the Website.
We make no warranty that the Website will meet your requirements or will be uninterrupted, timely or error-free, that defects will be corrected, or that the site or server that makes it available will be free of viruses or bugs or represents the full functionality, accuracy, reliability or the Website. We will not be responsible or liable to you for any loss of content or material uploaded or transmitted through the Website. In no event shall Lewis and Wood be liable for any special, incidental, indirect or consequential damages of any kind, or damages whatsoever, (including without limitation, those resulting from:
- Reliance on the materials presented,
- Costs of replacement goods,
- Loss of use, data or profits,
- Delays or business interruptions,
- And any theory of liability, arising out of or in connection with the use or performance of products or information).